We first met online.
Her photos looked good, she was the right size and scale and style- I was looking for a large French Country buffet or dresser for my new sitting room.
I knew she was not in good shape, she needed a little sanding and paint…
but she had good "bones" and a lot of potential, so I decided to take her home…she was mine for $150!
Little did I know what lurked beneath…layers upon layers upon layers of bad paint.
At best, the paint layers peeled off in long pieces, at worst, they flaked off in tiny crumbs.
The project I thought would take 3 hours of a little sanding and painting took 3 DAYS and 3 TRIPS TO THE HARDWARE STORE.
It took an electric sander and paint stripping chemicals and rubber gloves and face masks and scrapers and advil and ice and a LOT of determination.
But in the end, it was worth it…
she blossomed into the beautiful French dresser I thought she could be.
And I think I love her even more because of all we went through!