This week, I shared two pretty blue and white tables with you, one from our dining room,
and one from our back porch. I love to set a pretty table and here are my top ten tips for a beautiful summer table…
- Always set the table BEFORE you start cooking, so you are not rushed.
- Use what you have- pull out some of your old pretty dishes or glassware for inspiration- then match your table linens or centerpiece to those colors.
- Find inspiration or determine a theme for your meal, ideas include the four seasons, annual events, the food or menu, holidays or special occasions…pull colors and objects from your home that reinforce your theme.
- Use everyday white plates and bowls and everyday glassware, add interest with colorful table linens- tablecloths, napkins, place mats, runners.
- Come up with clever napkin rings or ties, even a pretty ribbon with a tag printed with your guest’s names, or a holiday greeting.
- Always have a centerpiece or focal point for your table. Some ideas include: flowers, candles, food on platters or serving pieces, bowls of seasonal items like seashells, or pinecones.
- Remember things look better in groups of three…tall (not too tall!), medium and small always look nice, use a decorative tray to display a grouping of items for a centerpiece.
- Add a little sparkle with small votive candle tealights scattered around the table.
- For a special meal, or a weeknight surprise, set out a small gift at everyone’s place setting.
- Mix things up by setting up a dining table somewhere OTHER than your dining room or breakfast room, maybe eat “al fresco” on your front porch, or next to a crackling fire, or at a local park or picnic area!
Wishing you good luck on your next table setting- have fun with it, and have a fabulous weekend!
Don’t forget to enter to win my beautiful sterling silver bracelet giveaway all this month!
This is beautiful bracelet retails for $65 and gives any outfit a classy coastal flair! Click HERE to view more information.
All you have to do to win is make sure you are a Starfish Cottage email subscriber (if you aren’t, simply enter your email address in the box at the top right of this page) then make a comment on this or any post this month followed by #starfishbracelet.
I will announce the winner on Friday, July 1…good luck!!