As we begin 2013, I always feel like the new year is a bit of a "blank canvas" waiting to be painted all over. So now that the dust has settled from the holidays and our recent move, I am looking forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting to work on some projects here in our new home! This year, I have made some resolutions to prevent me from getting too carried away about things…
One of my resolutions this year is to not be in such a hurry to tackle every project throughout the entire house, but take my time and enjoy the process more.
Another resolution is to not pressure myself to get everything done to perfection, but to learn to live with all of life's little imperfections! Real life is a messy thing, so I need to relax more and get over everything looking perfect, in fact, imperfections can be beautiful too!
Finally, I want to start looking at my two biggest challenges (TIME and MONEY) less as challanges, and more like opportunities for CREATIVITY…this one concept could totally change my outlook on life, and I look forward to working on this!
Now that I have shared a few of my little resolutions (sorry to have gotten so introspective) I want to share with you a few things that are on my list of projects for this year!
1. Powder Room- paint walls, address ugly vanity cabinet, art and accessories
2. Master Bedroom- new dust skirt, paint chest or locate a new one, etc…
3. Master Bathroom- paint walls, make window valance, art and accessories
4. Upstairs Bonus Room- TOTAL RE-DO! Craigslist everything and start over (this will really be fun)!
5. Back Porch and Patio- new furnishings and landscaping
6. Guest Bedroom- find stool and paint headboard, art and accessories
These are just a few of the projects on my list this year, and I look forward to tackling these this year and sharing all the results with you all on this blog! So stay tuned as I keep working to transform our new home…Happy New Year to you!