I hope you have enjoyed a brief look back at a few of my favorite posts from 2017 this past week or so…its always fun to do that, plus- it gives me a chance to enjoy the holidays with family and friends as well as take down the Christmas decor and get reset for a new year! Today I wanted to take a minute to share a few goals I have been thinking about for the cottage and my blog for 2018, so here we go:
- I want to incorporate a little more fashion, food, and Florida travel posts in 2018, as you all know, I love decorating but I really want Starfish Cottage Blog to be a “coastal lifestyle” blog, which incorporates decor, fashion, food and travel…so be on the lookout for that this year!
- I want to have fewer “big” changes to the cottage (after the new flooring, paint and kitchen remodel last year, I am ready to chill on the major updates) this will mean more “little” changes, mostly decor items like seasonal pillows and fresh flowers and tablesettings…which are my favorite ways to keep the cottage looking fresh without breaking the bank!
- I want to keep my decor simple, elegant and coastal- in every season- I don’t want to feel like I have to decorate every corner of the cottage or go overboard for every holiday or season, but I do want to show how simple, pretty updates that don’t break the bank or take too much time can make a huge difference!
- I want to increase traffic and followers on my blog and Instagram- so if you know anyone who you think would enjoy Starfish Cottage, please send them a link to the blog and Instagram and invite them to subscribe/follow!
- I want to try to get published in a magazine…well, another magazine…Starfish Cottage was published a few years ago, but everything has been re-done since then, so I’m hoping that might happen this year.
- I want to give my readers what THEY want! I sometimes do a reader survey at the end of the year, but in the spirit of keeping things simple, just comment on this post with some things you like (or don’t like) about the blog and/or what you might like to see more posts about!
As always, thank you so much for following Starfish Cottage Blog, I will be back next week with a look at the cottage in January and some tips for getting (and staying) organized…good luck winning this month’s giveaway: