With all the pink accents around the cottage for Valentines Day, I thought it would be fun to re-post this popular old post I wrote a few years ago about how to host a tea party…
Over the years, I have done LOTS of tea parties…with two little girls, tea parties are always a fun way to celebrate with friends. They are also great for baby showers and wedding showers- any kind of “girly” event!
Here is a sampling of some of our fun tea parties over the years:
Last Day of School Tea Party
A Coastal Tea Party
A British Inspired Tea Party
A Christmas Tea Party
A Haunted Halloween Tea Party
A Back to School Tea Party-
Mother’s Day/Lilly Pulitzer Inspired Tea Party:
I think Springtime is my FAVORITE time to have a tea party!
Here are my TOP FIVE TIPS for throwing an easy tea party:
1. Keep the food simple- I like savory things like crackers and cheese and tea sandwiches, sweet things like cupcakes and cookies, and lots of fresh fruit like strawberries and grapes.
2. Keep the drinks simple- for adults offer hot tea and iced tea (we live in Florida, so this is a MUST!) For kids, I might offer lemonade as well.
3. Keep the decor simple- pick a simple color palatte and have fun with it! For this party, we did pink, black and white- table cloth, plates, napkins, a few balloons and I made a simple paper banner out of decorative papers.
4. Keep the clean-up to a minimum- use attractive paper or plastic plates and napkins- there are so many great colors and patterns these days, have fun selecting a few that match your theme.
5. Have fun! Buy or make the food and drinks ahead of time, set the table the night before, do as much as you can ahead of time so you can have fun with your guests!
Good luck with your next tea party!!!