With work and school and sports and activities in full swing, we are running pretty hard around here.
Lately, I have been craving a slower, simpler life…but with work and three active kids- it’s very hard to do right now in this season/stage of my life!
I have often thought, since I have very little control of what goes on OUTSIDE our home, I have decided to try to create more peace INSIDE our home…here are some of my top tips for Creating a More Peaceful Home:
3. Less Technology- try to set aside some time each day that you truly “unplug” from your smartphone, laptop and tv…especially before bedtime. Read, take a bath or catch up with a loved one about the day.
4. More Comfort- seek comfortable upholstery pieces for lounging, then layer on the cushy pillows and cozy throw blankets…the more comfortable you are, the more relaxed and peaceful you will feel.
5. Soft Music- I love fun, loud music for a party or get together, but when I want to relax and unwind, I prefer soft instrumental music- nothing sets the mood like music!
6. Candlelight- besides music, candlelight is my go-to secret for creating a serene peaceful mood, especially after dinner…so take a minute or two and light a few candles around your home tonight!
7. Aromatherapy- I am a big believer in the power of fragrance and its effect on our mood. Lavender is my personal favorite fragrance and I try to purchase everything I can in this scent…hand soap, dish soap, laundry detergent, candles, lotion, you name it- I love it! The soft lavender fragrance permeates our home giving it a restful ambiance.
8. Natural accents- bring the outdoors in with house plants and fresh flowers- live plants not only improve the air quality of your home, but they are beautiful and nice to look at.
Wishing everyone a wonderful week and I hope these tips will help bring a little more “inner peace” to your home!